Born in 1932 in North London, Bill was educated at the Latymer School and then trained in book illustration at the Hornsey College of Art. After National Service in the Royal Signals, he returned to Hornsey for PGCE. Bill spent the next 30 years in Secondary and Adult education and started painting in 1987. Bill paints mainly townscapes and people in action or occupations, and paints en plain air and in the studio.
He was elected a member of the ROI in 2010.
- Palace of Westminster 2004 & 2005 (Commissions)
- Lord Hattersley of Sparkbrook
- Phillips Auctioneers
- James Rogan (Dir. Schroders)
- Various Commissions in Europe, England and USA
- RA Summer Exhibition
- Discerning Eye
- Britains Painters (The Artist Magazine)
- Menena Joy Schwabe Memorial Award
- The Fine Art Award
- Arts Club Award
- The Medici Society