Haidee-Jo gained a BA Hons degree in illustration but knew even before graduating in 1994 that her future lay in fine art instead. She has been exhibiting and teaching painting for the last 21 years and won her first major award in 1997 with the Royal Institute of Oil painters. Although much in demand as a tutor she now limits teaching to occasional painting holidays abroad and weekend workshops in order to concentrate fully on painting and gallery commitments. Haidee-Jo’s work features fresh and vibrant brushwork coupled with keen drawing and observational skills which result in lively celebratory paintings that glow with light and sing with colour. Well known as a plein air marine and landscape painter she also develops favourite themes in the studio and is an avid sketcher. Her work features regularly in The Artist magazine and she is currently filming a DVD with APV films.
- 2015 Great Art Award
- 2014 First prize at Paint Out Norwich plein air event
- 2014 Rosemary brushes prize at ‘A brush with the broads’
- 2014 First prize The Buxton Spa prize plein air competition
- 2014 The Artist purchase prize award selected by Ken Howard RA
- 2014 Pro Arte award
- 2013 Royal Talens prize
- 2012 First prize Royal Institute of Oil painters portrait painting evening.
- 2012 Pro Arte prize.
- 2012 Awarded Artist of the Year by the SAA (Society of All Artists)
- 2008 Willoughby Trust prize
- 1998 Young Artists Award, Royal Institute of Oil Painters.
- 1997 Young Artists award, Royal Institute of Oil Painters exhibition.
- ROI 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2006, 2005, 1998, 1997
- RSMA 2015, 2014, 2013
- NEAC 2015
- The Artist exhibition 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
- The Russell Gallery, Putney
- The Harbour Gallery, Portscatho
- The Staithes Gallery, Staithes
- Peter Barker Fine Art Gallery, Uppingham
- The Little Picture Gallery, Mousehole
- Ashdown Gallery, East Sussex
- The Fletchergate Gallery, Nottingham