Linda has always been drawn to the intricate beauty of small things and in recent years it has been the botanical world that has inspired her. One of the most important things that she tries to portray in her paintings is light. Ever since she became an architect she has been fascinated by the way that sunlight illuminates a subject and recently how it brings botanical subjects to life. She particularly loves the subtle, delicate and luminous qualities of reflected light as well as strong direct sunlight on a subject. Textures too are a constant fascination. She paints subjects that lift her spirit, inspire and move her and in the world of nature she finds plenty of these.
She left her career in architecture in 2005 and has enjoyed great success as a professional artist ever since. She exhibits and sells her work every year at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, the ROI and the SBA. As a result her work is in private collections throughout the world. She regularly paints with the Hesketh Hubbard Society, undertakes commissions and teaches in her studio in Isleworth, London.
In 2014 she was elected an Associate member of The Royal Institute of Oil Painters and a full member of member of The Society of Botanical Artists.
- 2007 – 2015 The Royal Institute of Oil Painters
- 2012 – 2015 The Society of Botanical Artists
- 2011 The Royal Academy, Summer Exhibition
- 2007 – 2016 The Chelsea Flower Show
- 2005 – 2008 The Hicks Gallery, London
- 2005 – 2008 The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea
- 2004 The Llewelyn Alexander Gallery, London
- 2001 – 2004 Orleans House Gallery, Richmond
- 1998 The Royal Academy, Summer Exhibition
- 2016 Stanley Grimm Second Prize, ROI annual exhibition
- 2015 Winner of the Dry Red Press Award at the ROI annual exhibition
- 2015 Winner of the following awards, The Society of Botanical Artists:
The People’s Choice
Suzanne Lucas Memorial Award
- 2013 Finalist in Artist of the Year competition, Artists & Illustrators Magazine
- 2013 Runner up, Winsor and Newton painting prize, ROI painting evening
- 2012 Winner of the Artist of the Year, Artists & Illustrators Magazine
- 2012 Winner of the Great Art prize, The Society of Botanical Artists
- 2010 Winner of the Grand Prize, International Artists Magazine
- 2007 Winner of the Stanley Grimm Memorial Prize at the ROI annual exhibition