June Mendoza AO, OBE, RP, ROI, HonSWA
Parents professional musicians. By the age of twelve, art was obvious and unquestioned direction. At seventeen was doing jackets, magazine illustration, portraits etc., and a monthly illustrated cops, robbers, guns, bosoms strip! Professional years as actress (West End inc.), film, TV and radio. Painting / Portraiture becomes full time. Two postings (Philippines and Australia) involve extensive work and travel. Story best told by following list of some works of people in a wide variety of fields and countries:
- H.M. Queen Elizabeth II.
- H.R.H. The Prince of Wales.
- The Princess of Wales.
- H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh.
- H.R.H. Princess Anne.
- H.R.H. Prince Edward.
- H.M. The Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
- His Grace the Duke of Norfolk.
- Baroness Thatcher.
- The Rt. Revs. Coggan, Runcie and Carey, former Archbishops of Canterbury.
- The Hon. Sir John Gorton, former Prime Minister of Australia.
- Ratu Sir Kamisese Mara, Prime Minister of Fiji.
- Vigdis Finnbogadottir, President of Iceland.
- Corazon Aquino, President of the Philippines.
- A.J.P. Taylor.
- Sir Vivian Fuchs.
- Lee Kuan Yew (Senior Minister Singapore).
- Goh Chok Tong (P.M. Singapore).
- Miss Chris Evert and Miss Virginia Wade (Wimbledon Tennis Champions).
- The House of Commons in session (440 Portraits) for the House of Commons.
- The House of Representatives (170 Portraits) for the New Parliament Building.
- The Worshipful Company of Barber-Surgeons (120 Portraits).
- Private Family Groups.
- Galleries, art institutions and societies in England, USA, Australia and Far Eastern countries – “Lectures” are more precisely “Talks” on attitudes, approach, with anecdotes and an informal dialogue with the audience which helps provide relevant material at audience level and encourages participation.
- Art criticisms, feature articles for art magazines and television e.g. a half hour feature combining the painting of a portrait and dialogue with sitter, TV and radio commentary, news interviews etc., radio interviews, exhibition judging and openings.