Jeremy Barlow ROI
Jeremy Barlow is an inveterate traveller. His inspiration comes primarily from architecture, sun, shadows, texture, light, and atmosphere. He enjoys the challenges of perspective and composition.
He paints in oil, acrylic, and watercolour. In his early days Jeremy was inspired and encouraged by the British landscape painter Stanley Orchart.
Method of Working
Jeremy paints in oils, acrylic and watercolours. He paints on gesso primed boards using brushes. On my journeys, he start as many as 50 or 60 paintings per trip in varying sizes depending on subject matter. Jeremy sometimess does intricate drawings overlaid with blocks of colour and tone, usually in acrylic. Other times, he makes simple tonal sketches using a brush and diluted acrylic. These ‘starts’ are brought back to the studio, where they are worked on, over a period of time, to the point of a finished painting. He enjoys working out in the field and does use photographs as a reference in some cases.
- 1945 Born on 11 December
- Studied at Northampton School of Art
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters
- Scholarships, Awards, Prizes
- ‘Stanley Grimm Prize’, 1994/2000
- ‘Alan Gourlay Memorial Prize’, 1999
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition 2017
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition 2016
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition 2015
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition 2014
- Over 100 solo exhibitions in many countries in Europe.
- The Delft Gallery, Delft
- Galerie Kreitlow, Düsseldorf
- Galerie Aelbrecht, Rotterdam
- Albemarle Gallery, London
- Llewellyn Alexander, London
- Walker Galleries, Harrogate
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London
- Royal Society of British Artists Annual Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London
- Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours Annual Exhibtion, Mall Galleries, London
- ‘Delft’, by Jeremy Barlow
- ‘North Norfolk Landscapes’, by Jeremy Barlow