Adebanji Alade VPROI
Whether he works indoors or outdoors, he strives to bring the life, vitality and movement of ‘the sketch’ into his paintings.
He sometimes refers to his paintings as colour sketches as they capture the feelings of the scene as seen with all the life in it!
He loves to teach and constantly runs workshops and does demonstrations at Secondary Schools, Colleges and Art Societies He also teaches at The Heatherley School of Fine Art.
I am a professional artist who specialises in sketching, drawing and painting people and places. I like to focus on people because I love the play of light, moods, emotions, beauty and the variety that each face brings. I also love places because I get inspired by the atmosphere, historical importance, mood and the play of light that a particular place can offer at any point in time.
- 2015-Elected to full Membership at the Royal Institute of Oil Painters
- 2015-Master Artist Award by the Society of Nigerian Artists
- 2014-Harold Riley Sketchbook Prize, Buxton Spa Prize
- 2013-First Prize, Pintar Rapido at Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- 2012-Making A Mark Awards: The Travels with a Sketchbook Trophy
- 2011-Highly Commended, Chelsea Art Society
- 2010- Winner of The Best London Scene, Chelsea Art Society Annual Exhibition
- 2010- First Prize, Chelsea Riverside Competition, Heatherley’s School of Fine Art/ Cheyne Walk Trust
- 2009-First Prize, The Artist’s Magazine Award, The Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition
- 2009-First Prize, Plein Air Painting Award, The Bath Prize
- 2008- Daler Rowney Award, Patching’s Art Competition, The Artist’s Magazine
- 2007-First Prize, Winsor & Newton Award, The Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition
- 2007-First Prize, Winsor & Newton Summer Scenes Competition, The Artist’s Magazine
- 2013-Diploma in Education & Training, East London College, Ilford, Essex
- 2005-Diploma in Portraiture, Heatherley School of Fine Art
- 1997-Higher National Diploma, Fine Art, Yaba College of Technology
- 1995-National Diploma, General Art Yaba College of Technology
- Council Member of the Chelsea Art Society
- Member of Urban Sketchers Worldwide Group
- Member of The Plein Air Brotherhood
- Guild of Fine Art, Nigeria