Luis Morris ROI
Worked from 1984 – 1998 as a Banknote Designer at De La Rue. Designed currencies for many countries including Kenya, Albania, Syria and Madagascar. Left De La Rue to become a freelance artist/illustrator in January of 1998. Specialised in the portrayal of tennis players. Work included in the Permanent Collection of the Lawn Tennis Museum, Wimbledon. Other commissions include work for The Queen’s Club and the LTA.
Studied at Heatherley’s from 2000 – 2002. Gained a Diploma in Portraiture and commendation from the Royal Society of Portrait Painters.
Made an Associate Member of the ROI in November 2006.
Appointed by All England Club as the Official Artist of the 2007 Championships, Wimbledon.
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Mall Gallery 2001 – 2007
- Spring Show, Gallery 27, Cork Street 2002
- Pastel Society, Mall Gallery 2005, 2007
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Gallery 2005, 2006
- Valentines Shows, John Bloxham Galleries 2003 – 2007
- Drawing Show, Petley Fine Art, Cork Street 2006
- BP Portrait Award Exhibition, National Portrait Gallery 2007
- Winsor & Newton Non-Member Award, Royal Institute of Oil Painters 2006