Natalia Avdeeva ROI
Natalia Avdeeva is a UK based Siberian British artist, the recipient of British awards and prizes including the Windsor and Newton Young Artist Award (2011) and the Royal Society of Marine Artists Young Artist Award (2016) and Artist Magazine Award (2017). She was shortlisted in BBC’s ‘Show me the Monet’ series in 2013.
Natalia Avdeeva is known for her en Plein air work, figurative portraits, still lives and huge powerful landscapes with vast skies and affecting vistas. Each is a piece unique and has been created en Plein air or in the studio using different palette combinations and working in both acrylics and oils.
Painting vast skies seems to come instinctively to the artist who was born, and grew up, in the Altai region, in Southern Siberia where the borders of Russia, China, Kazakhstan and Mongolia meet. Altai is a majestic land of immense proportions and extreme climates – exceptionally hot summers and winters where the temperature regularly drops below -40°C. The boundless skies, the mountains and glacial lakes of the region’s natural environment provided the inspirational backdrop for the artist’s childhood where her first job was picking herbs in the mountain passes for the local shaman. This natural influence is clearly evident in her work today and she describes her sense of being “in dialogue” with the natural world, with the air, the sky.
- September 2017 – RSMA Artist Magazine Award (Royal Society of Marine Artists), UK.
- September 2016 – RSMA Young Artist Award (Royal Society of Marine Artists), UK.
- December 2013 – Elected a Full Member of Royal Institute of Oil Painters, UK.
- December 2012 – Elected an Associate Member of Royal Institute of Oil Painters, UK.
- November 2011 – 1st Prize Windsor & Newton Young Artist Award, UK.
- January 2011 – Shortlisted ‘Show me the Monet’ BBC London, UK
- November 2011 – 2nd Prize at Painting Event with ROI Members, ROI, UK.
- June 2008 – Print Making Prize Heatherley’s School of Fine Art, UK.
- December 2022 – ROI Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London, UK.
- November 2021 – ROI Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London, UK.
- October 2020 – Artist in Residence program, Marsden Hospital, London, UK.
- November 2019 – ROI Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London, UK.
- May 2018 – SAC ART CENTRE Bangkok, Thailand.
- January 2017 – D – Contour, Art Lab / SAC ART CENTRE Chiang Mai / Bangkok, Thailand.
- November 2017 – Tao Hua Tan Art Group Exhibition, China.
- June 2017 – Above and Beyond, Bankside Gallery, London, UK.
- March 2016 – Affordable Art Fair, Battersea, London, UK.
- June 2015 – Affordable Art Fair, Hampstead Heath, London, UK.
- April 2015 – Visions in Graphite, Plein Air Contemporary, London, UK.
- December 2014 – Chelsea in Red, Plein Air Contemporary, London, UK.
- December 2013 – ROI Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London, UK.
- December 2012 – Solo show: Drawn to Water, Gallery 54, London, UK.