Artists are invited to submit work for exhibition alongside members of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters at the ROI Annual Exhibition 2023.
This year’s special theme is ‘Urban Life’, which can be interpreted widely, and for which The ROI Themed Painting Prize is on offer to the best interpretation (N.B. The theme is optional, one aspect of a larger exhibition, to which oil paintings of all subjects, in any style, are welcome for consideration).
Successful applicants can expect:
- To have their selected work included in the ROI Annual Exhibition at Mall Galleries in central London
- Eligibility to win prizes and awards, worth over £7,000, including the Winsor & Newton Young Artist Awards (see ‘Prizes & Awards’ below)
- Their selected artwork to appear on the Mall Galleries website before, during, and after the exhibition
- To be part of a network of present and past exhibiting artists, dating back to 1882 when the ROI was founded
- An invitation to the Private View, at which fellow exhibitors will be present and the prizes and awards will be presented
- The chance to sell their work to new buyers and collectors
- The possibility of election to membership in future
Submissions are online only and open until 12 noon on Friday 6 October.
We recommend that artists submit well in advance of the deadline to allow time for assistance with their application if required.