Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition 2017
The Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition has a well earned reputation for attracting highly exciting young exhibitors, alongside the much admired, more established member artists. This year the trend will continue, with new artists and new discoveries waiting to be made.
The exhibition gives visitors the opportunity to see the many and varied ways in which artists use oil paint today, from a traditional approach to this highly technical media through to more innovative uses of material, style and content.
Offering valuable prizes such as The Phyllis Roberts Award (worth £2,000) and The Winsor & Newton Young Artist Awards, the ROI continues to lay the foundations for future generations to enjoy and achieve artistic expression with this most adaptable and durable medium. Also, with all works for sale, it offers the chance to add new and original works to your collection.
Works are now available to browse and buy online on the Mall Galleries website. The show features a wonderful variety of paintings by the ROI and non-members.
- 30th November, 12-1pm – Guided tour of the exhibition with Peter Graham ROI
- 2nd December, 10am – ROI Paint Live Challenge 2017
- 4th December, 11am – Painting Survivors of the Ebola Virus, talk by Tim Benson VPROI
- 5th December, 6pm – ROI Paint Evening 2017
- 6th December, 2pm – Oil painting demonstration with Roger Dellar ROI
- 8th December, 2pm – Oil painting demonstration with Haidee-Jo Summers ROI
- 9th December, 11am – Oil painting demonstration with Adebanji Alade ROI
Meet the members
Members of the ROI will be on hand throughout this year’s Annual Exhibition to meet and greet visitors:
- Wednesday 29 November (all day): Linda Alexander ROI and June Mendoza ROI
- Thursday 30 November (all day): Ronald Morgan ROI and Bill Dean ROI
- Friday 1 December (all day): Lucy McKie ROI
- Monday 4 December (all day): Tony Merrick ROI and Adebanji Alade ROI
- Tuesday 5 December (all day): Tim Benson VPROI
- Wednesday 6 December (all day): Bill Dean ROI
- Thursday 7 December (all day): Trevor Chamberlain ROI and Ronald Morgan ROI
Dates & times
29 November to 10 December 2017
10am to 5pm (closes 1pm on final day)
Admission £4, £2.50 concessions, 50% off for National Art Pass holders, Free for Friends of Mall Galleries, ROI Friends and under 18s.
The Mall Galleries (by Admiralty Arch)
London SW1 5BD.